IESC is seeking Youth Entrepreneurship and Finance Manager to increase prospects for the successful growth of youth-owned enterprises for an anticipated USAID program based in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, execute, and monitor a hands-on and practical youth entrepreneurship program in business improvement and financing;
- Collaborate with the local business community and financial institutions to provide resources to youth entrepreneur beneficiaries for mentoring, business partnerships, supplier/client relationships, and financing;
- Coordinate the efforts of local and international consultants to improve the entrepreneurship development program and in improving financial services for youth entrepreneurs.
- Work closely with other project staff and partners to identify potential entrepreneur beneficiaries and coordinate complementary activities in youth workforce development.
- Degree in economics, business, finance, or other similar social sciences or equivalent experience in the private sector or financial services. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience leading or participating in the development and management of youth-focused economic development programs, particularly in youth entrepreneurship.
- Some familiarity with youth financial inclusion required, particularly in working with youth-owned enterprises to plan for saving up for investment or for credit financing. Experience working directly with banks or MFIs in designing youth-focused financial products highly preferred.
- Private sector work or business ownership experience highly preferred.
- English proficiency required.
This is a position designated for Sri Lankan residents or nationals